Thursday, March 11, 2021

Please spread the message

It seems to me that this website is now more relevant, timely, and useful than it has ever been, as more and more people are drawn to what’s streaming right now – either from cable-cord-cutting, or increased appetite under pandemic lockdown, or general cultural currency.  And there’s so much out there that it’s difficult to keep up with what’s worth seeing.  And that’s where I come in. 
 
Even though I filter my own viewing through a highly-selective lens, I still watch more than any reasonable person would do.  So for those who know me and/or come to have some sense of my approach to cinema, I can provide a second filter to help make sure that you spend your viewing time wisely, informatively, and enjoyably.
 
Conveying my own views in a brisk and concentrated style, and trying to increase viewership and appreciation for the best in film and tv available through streaming, I also link to each film or show’s Metacritic entry, where you can see trailers, cast-lists, and a range of critical opinion.  Though streaming availability is a volatile thing, and dependent on what channels you subscribe to, I also indicate where I managed to watch whatever is under discussion.
 
So I ask you to forward the Cinema Salon link to any of your friends or acquaintances who are media-curious.  Though the metaphor has taken on a whole world of unfortunate associations, what I’m hoping for is a bit of viral spread for this website.

 

No comments: