Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Dear Reader

Cinema Salon will be on hiatus for a while, except for posting of exact schedule of “Triple Feature: 3 Studios,” an all-day festival of animation to be presented at the Clark on Sunday, March 26. The specifics of this marathon of award-winning shorts from the National Film Board of Canada, Aardman Animation, and Hubley Studios will be posted the week before the event.

I named this site with the notion that it would be a place of discussion, but it has become a monologue. I may be muttering mainly to myself. The comment feature attracted mostly spam, so I had to disable it. Thus I have no idea who my readers may be and what their responses might be, whether I ought to continue the service or save my breath. Should I just shut up, or take a different approach?

So this, dear insubstantial reader, is your Peter Pan moment: if you believe in fairies, you can keep Tinkerbell alive by clapping. I don’t even mind if the clapping is derisive, but I have to hear from you. Please send an e-mail message to ssatullo@clarkart.edu with the simple statement, “I read this blog a) regularly, b) occasionally, or c) rarely.” Feel free to add any other response or recommendation.

No comments: