Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Interim report

Events, including an incipient book project, have kept me from posting here lately.  I’ve actually been watching a lot of films, and intend to group them into a series of mini-essays.  One bunch will fall under the rubric of “Afterthoughts”; then there will be an appreciation of Eric Rohmer and a disappreciation of Nicholas Ray; a consideration of classic gangster films in the context of Boardwalk Empire; and another series of my “Documendations.”  The last will include the one film I’ve watched lately for which I give a red-hot recommendation:  Every Little Step, a documentary about a Broadway revival of A Chorus Line -- I’ve seen neither the original show nor the movie adaptation, but loved this backstage look at it.  So don’t give up on me, keep coming back to this site, and soon I’ll once again be delivering my wide-ranging observations on the world of cinema.

No comments: